Steel utility poles are becoming increasingly important components of utility companies with distribution or low-voltage transmission applications. This comprehensive training kit is designed for linemen who have worked on energized distribution systems and want to learn more about working with steel poles. The kit includes a USB Flash Drive and Training Manual (complete with illustrations and quizzes after each chapter) that cover these segments:
• An Overview of Steel Poles as Distribution System Structures
• Joining Multiple-Section Steel Poles
• Framing and Setting Steel Poles – De-energized
• Climbing Steel Poles
• Energized Line Work, Part 1
• Energized Line Work, Part II
• Additional Considerations (Basic Insulation Level)
The Training Kit was compiled in cooperation with the Institute for Safety in Powerline Construction (ISPC); T&D PowerSkills; and the Steel Market Development Institute, a business unit of AISI. The USB Flash Drive and Training Manual are sold together as a set. They are not available for individual sale.
NOTE: This training kit may be available at no charge for qualified utilities and training organizations. To see if you or your company qualify, please send an email request to Dan Snyder at email@example.com.View the Table of Contents.